Statement of Mission
To develop leaders through distinctively Seventh-day Adventist graduate education, excelling in spirituality, scholarship, and service.
Statement of Vision
A Christ-centered community of leaders with a heart for mission.
Statement of Goals
The goals of the administrators, faculty, and staff members of AIIAS are as follows:
- Support the Seventh-day Adventist Church with graduates dedicated to the mission of the Church
- Maintain a community of faith that nurtures a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Champion the teachings and lifestyle of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Address crucial Church and world issues
- Ground AIIAS scholarship in Biblical foundations
- Engage every student and employee in outreach and witness
- Offer programs of the highest academic quality
- Employ outstanding and inspiring teaching faculty
- Foster excellence in research and writing
- Maintain the highest levels of academic and professional accreditation
- Be recognized as an outstanding graduate institution among Adventist leaders around the world and within the Philippine higher education
- Follow systems and procedures that ensure best academic practice
- Engage with community both on and off campus
- Nurture appreciation of culture and the arts
- Celebrate diversity
- Mentor and support sister institutions
Essential supporting resources
- Provide an exemplary graduate research library
- Maintain quality physical plant and professional IT services
- Employ and develop qualified and service oriented personnel
- Provide financial support through student aid/scholarships
- Generate Institutional financial support
- Achieve optimum levels of program enrollment
- Coordinate an active, supportive alumni organization
- Provide outstanding support for human resources
- Promote wise use of time, abilities, and resources as God’s stewards
- Establish appropriate expectations, standards and indicators for institutional performance and outcomes
- Practice assessment of all personnel, programs and functions using key performance indicators
Produce graduates that:
- Demonstrate excellence in their profession
- Offer their lives for service
- Contextualize knowledge and practical skills to meet local needs
- Model the ideals of servant leadership
- Positively influence and support the Church and community
Statement of Values
AIIAS values excellence. AIIAS prizes continuous improvement and the pursuit of excellence are a way of life including high standards as part of devotion to God.
AIIAS values the honorable, transparent, and honest. It encourages and practices ethical behavior that displays high moral standards in personal and organizational action.
AIIAS values and nurtures joyful lives that bless others. Reaching beyond personal, family, and campus needs, AIIAS uses its faculty resources to support the church and community.
AIIAS values the beliefs and lifestyle of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, rooted in the Holy Scriptures, which are upheld in the highest regard as inspired and authoritative. Furthermore, as a messenger of God, Ellen G. White’s life and writings are highly esteemed. Faith in God is nurtured through a life of devotion and witness, and is seen in every class and campus activity.