The Graduate Certificate in TESOL is a non-degree program designed to enhance the professional development of English educators who do not choose to enter the MA in Education with an emphasis in TESOL program.
Admission Requirements and Prerequisites
- A baccalaureate degree or the equivalent with a minimum GPA of 3.00 (four-point scale). A prospective student who does not meet the entry-level GPA requirement may be admitted under probationary status and given opportunity to meet this requirement by earning a 3.00 GPA at AIIAS during the first 12 semester hours.
- Demonstrated high level of English proficiency (IELTS score of 7.0 or equivalent)
- At least 6 undergraduate units in English language (at least 3 credits of which are in addition to basic English skills courses).
Complete 20 semester hours of coursework from the MA program, including 5 hours of foundation courses and 17 hours from TESOL emphasis.
Maintain a minumum cumulative GPA of 3.00.
Complete Service Learning
- Develop an e-portfolio to showcase student work in meeting professional competencies.
* Students who do not have at least one core Adventist Education course on their college transcript will be required to select one of the core courses with Christian content as a part of their certificate program.