Faculty of Education | TESOL
The Adventist International Institute of Advanced Studies (AIIAS) is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced person for a full-time position to serve as the Faculty of Education Department, Graduate School.
Faculty Member in the Education Department of the AIIAS Graduate School
The Education Faculty member works together with the Department Chair and Graduate School Dean, carrying out regular faculty responsibilities related to teaching, research, publications, service, and administration. The faculty member is expected to fully meet the role requirements for his/her academic rank in the areas of teaching, scholarship, and service. The teaching role includes maintaining a high level of excellence in each aspect of the academic endeavor, as these contributes to meeting the goals and working towards fulfillment of the institutional mission. The faculty member forms a close relationship with students in the department and is sensitive to their needs. The faculty member is a reliable guide for students and a mentor in professional growth.
He or she is expected to perform the following responsibilities:
A. To Students
- Models Christian professional behavior
- Maintains a professional mentoring relationship
- Shows care and respect and is accessible
- Provides high-quality instruction and learning activities toward the development of higher cognitive functions
- Effectively utilizes evaluation and feedback as part of learning
- Proactively seeks and uses a multiculturally sensitive teaching approach
- Guides in scholarly and research activities
- Develops leadership potential
- Advises on course selection and scheduling.
B. To the Department
- Contributes professionally to the attainment of departmental goals
- Adheres to AIIAS standards and policies
- Works with chairperson periodically in improving and revising existing programs and planning for new programs or courses
- Participates in departmental and graduate school faculty meetings and programs
- Collaborates with other faculty in the supervision of instruction
- Keeps chairperson informed on the progress of students
- Projects resource needs for a given course long enough in advance so resources can be secured/assembled
- Evaluates library resources in the area of expertise and recommends additions within the assigned budget
- Teaches courses as assigned, on-campus, at extension sites, and online.
C. To AIIAS Administration, Faculty, and Staff
- Supports AIIAS’s mission, goals, and objectives.
- Attends/participates in religious, social, and professional events and meetings on campus, online, and on extension sites.
- Participates in the study of issues and problems confronting the institution and works toward optimal solutions.
- Develops and maintains collegial relationships with AIIAS teachers and staff.
- Serves on AIIAS committees as assigned.
- Keeps regular office hours.
- Engage in co-curricular and extra-curricular responsibilities as assigned by the Education Department or Graduate School Dean.
- Actively participates in service activities.
D. For Professional Competence and Scholarly Activities
- Maintains professional growth through academic rank.
- Keeps current in his/her area of expertise.
- Participates in professional organizations and activities.
- Represents AIIAS in professional groups and meetings.
- Contributes to the profession through research and scholarly activities.
- Gives professional leadership in church activities.
January 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Full-time International Service Employee (ISE) or D-ISE/Local Budget/AVS
Remuneration will be according to the denominational wage scale at AIIAS, taking into account educational qualifications, professional experience, years of service and faculty ranking.
Applications are assured of full consideration if received by March 10, 2023, or until the positions have been filled. Please email your application letter and current curriculum vitae with at least three references to email@example.com.
AIIAS is a General Conference institution offering graduate degrees in Business, Education, Public Health, and Religion. It has a multicultural setting within a beautiful campus, and it emphasizes spirituality, scholarship, and service.
Virtual Campus Tour
One of the best things about visiting AIIAS is that you will get to enjoy our peaceful campus with Asian-inspired architecture, lush gardens, and tree-lined lanes. The rest are for you to discover. Have look at this ‘little heaven on earth’ as you are joined by President Ginger Ketting-Weller in this campus tour video.