The Graduate Certificate in TESOL is a non-degree program designed to enhance the professional development of English educators who do not choose to enter the MA in Education with an emphasis in TESOL program.
- A baccalaureate degree or the equivalent with a minimum GPA of 3.00 (four-point scale). A prospective student who does not meet the entry-level GPA requirement may be admitted under probationary status and given opportunity to meet this requirement by earning a 3.00 GPA at AIIAS during the first 12 semester hours.
- Demonstrated English proficiency.
- At least 6 undergraduate units in English language (at least 3 credits of which are in addition to basic English skills courses).
- At least 6 undergraduate units in the English language (at least 3 credits of which are in addition to basic English skills courses).
- A minimum of 2 credits in educational psychology. To meet this prerequisite, the student may take EDFN 518 Educational Psychology (2), which is offered at AIIAS as a graduate-level self-study module.
- A pass in one of the standard English proficiency tests prescribed by AIIAS. The required passing score for the test is IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
Complete the following eight courses:
EDCI 610 Pedagogy and Classroom Management
EDCI 645 Assessment for Learning
EDTE 620 Second Language Acquisition
EDTE 622 TESOL Methods for Content-Area Reading and Writing
EDTE 628 TESOL Methods in Speaking and Listening
EDTE 680 Advanced Grammar
LEAD 610 Biblical Foundations of Leadership and Ethics
RESM 520 Academic Writing